This Policy maybe amended or updated from time to time, so please check it regularly for updates.
- PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
What is personal data?
As defined under General Data Protection Regulation, “Personal data can be anything that allows a living person to be directly or indirectly identified. This may be a name, an address, or even an IP address. It includes automated personal data and can also encompass pseudonymised data if a person can be identified from it.”
Why do we need your personal data?
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services. We may also use the information we have about you for the following purposes:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services;
- to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account on our Site;
- to operate and administer our rewards program and other promotions you participate in on our Site;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- for analysis and study services.
However, notwithstanding those measures, fully permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received either from us or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with us or who claims association with us, who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact email@example.com.
- COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We gather the following types of information about users:
- data provided in connection with our rewards program and other promotions we run on the Site;
- data provided when a problem is reported on our site or when we provide customer support;
- when a purchase is made within our side
- Data provided when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information Automatically Collected
We may automatically collect technical information and information about your visit including pages you visited, the order in which they were visited, page interaction information (such as the links you “clicked” or the content you viewed or consumed), the type of device you are using, IP address, cookie information, mobile device, browser version, operating system type and version, etc. We may recognize your devices to provide you with personalized experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling.
We do not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfil obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing.
What are cookies?
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
We may use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Site. These companies may collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies’ use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You.We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- OurThird Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who provide services such as [data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services].
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may disclose your Information to: legal and regulatory authorities; any party as necessary in connection with legal proceedings; any party as necessary for investigating, detecting or preventing criminal offences.
- New Ownership.If the ownership or control of all or part of GadgetSeep changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
- THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Site may contain links to third party websites and features. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
- USER GENERATED CONTENT
Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Site will become public information, and will be available to other users of our Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, on our Site. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published on our Site.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us outside the country in which you reside, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By accepting this Policy, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
We will only retain your personal data for 180 days unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes). However, the 180 day period may commence again if the same user subsequently visits or interacts with an ad, email, the Services or a Channel. Additionally, we will only retain your personal data [as long reasonably required for you to use the Site until you close your account/cancel your subscription] unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
- OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
Our Site is/are not directed to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your profile/account or by contacting us directly.
- You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of:
- direct marketing communications;
- automated decision-making and/or profiling;
- our collection of sensitive personal data;
- any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or
- the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the Site may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. In your request, please make clear:
- whatpersonal data is concerned; and
- which of the above rightsyou would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
We are committed to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can and in any event, within 30 days. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us in writing at email@example.com.